Tuesday, 17 July 2012

21st Century thoughts...

Flipping the classroom...
This is a term I haven't heard before. But it is nothing new. It basically means your incorporating various learning tools and materials into your teaching to enhance information retention for the student. Being in the "21st" century, it is only natural that theses new materials involve multimedia.
I think its important to keep current with what younger students today are already exposed to.
Having interactive games and videos that they can watch and play on there own time encourages constant learning, in a way they might not realise.
Kinda sneaky! lol

1 comment:

  1. Staying current with technology in today's global climate is important. I agree with you on that for sure!. The younger students coming through our classroom doors are more technologically minded and learn very differently then the way we have been taught in our lecture based, written information days. So, I guess we do have to be a little sneaky to reach their 21st century brains.

    ReplyDelete